We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Knife Point

I set the laser inside the cutting area but every cut starts to the right off the card stock?

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,942
    @radpm - don't know what cutter you are using, or even software but this problem in Make The Cut! could mean that you have WYSIWYG set and not knife point (use blade tip to set origin not laser) OR you have Knife point (which is the blade tip) set. OR you have a node or shape at the right side off the mat perhaps.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • radpmradpm Member Posts: 3
    I'm using Make the Cut on a Zing cutter.

@radpm - good to know! So here is how Knife Point works:

Shapes can be located anywhere on the screen, including outside the Virtual Mat. The shapes will be moved and cut to where you set the origin on the material. The origin is set using the position of the blade tip.

And WYSIWYG

The origin is set using the laser light, not the blade tip. The laser light will automatically turn on when you go to the Set Blade Origin window. Direct the red dot of the laser light to the bottom right corner of the ruled grid. Note that if you need absolute precision for the location of your cuts, it will be necessary to calibrate the Laser Offset, which is covered in Chapter 9.

From the MTC User Manual.

If your blade assembly moves to the right using either of these methods, then you must look at your design to see if you have shapes off the mat somewhere. Do a CTRL+A to select all and see if the selection marquee is still on the mat.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • radpmradpm Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for getting back to me on what to try. :)
    @radpm - you are welcome.