We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

not holding down mat

cindybakercindybaker Member Posts: 875
I haven't used my zing in years, pulled it out today to cut some rhinestone material.  The grey rollers? ( I think that whats there called) One of them is all the way to end of the machine , so makes only one roller to hold down the mat.  So my mat is moving when its trying to cut.I have the bar down as far as it goes, I think, from what I remember you move it by the two handles that click into the 2 holes...Can anyone help me with this, Thank you, Cindy Baker

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,942
    Hi @cindybaker Cindy...is this the original, only has 2 pinch wheels? The second generation the Air has 3 pinch wheels.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.

This is the Zing Air...it has 3 pinch wheels.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    The original Zing:

Move the one that is out of place, back to where it should be. You line it up with the little bit of the bottom roller thing that is very gritty. Make sure the other one is rightly positioned as well.

HTH
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,865
    edited February 8
    The pinch rollers are not movable on a Zing or Zing Air.  Cindy, can you post a  photo showing that your mat doesn't fit under both outside pinch wheels? 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
    @cindybaker - Sandy asks a good question, which leads me to my question, are you using a Cricut 8 -1/2 inch mat or other less than 12 inch wide mat?