We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

PNC printing circle although not visible in print preview

I am trying to perform a print and cut by printing an image but cutting a circle out around it. I imported the image I wanted to print using texturize path

Then I added my circle behind the image

Following the instructions in the tutorial video I highlighted both and clicked WELD 

I did a print preview: No circle printing, just my image, perfect…

But this is what I get when I print – even though no circle is visible when I do a print preview. I even tried changing the color of the circle to white but the circle keeps printing in black

Any thoughts?  Thank you in advance.

Best Answers

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,942
    @3Pals - what software and cutter? Can you point to the video that you watched?
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • 3Pals3Pals Member Posts: 6
    That would help!

Make The Cut  version 4.6.2
    KNC Zing Air

Thanks!
    @3Pals - ok I believe what happened is that your circle has been absorbed by the white squarish background of your image, so that tells me you started with a jpg image (no transparent background). When you are tracing, you want to adjust the Tolerance so that you DO NOT get the white background, and you just get the peach and leaves. Can you share the image you started with and I can show you.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.

I thought I got rid of the background but I guess perhaps not. I am not sure what step I am missing. Thanks for your help.
    OK so this image is a jpg, so it will have a background. I could not get just the image so I did a Snipping tool snag. This is my Pixel Trace screen in MTC.

@3Pals - you could up the Despeck value to get a smoother edge. I used 68.

So this is MTC now. What did you need to do?

Texture snapshot? There isn't a texture path in MTC. What version of MTC?
    I want to be able to perform a print and cut but with the image on a circle so the circle is cut out not the image. Like in the second example in the video. I still can't get a blank background, what is a 'snipping tool snag'?  I have Make The Cut  version 4.6.2. Thank you for all your help.
    @3Pals - what is the file type you start with? PNG or JPG? Here is what I get when I add a white circle.

Snipping tool is Windows screen capture. You can find it at click Windows icon, then click, Windows Accessories, then click Snipping tool. It enables screen capturing.
    @3Pals - so to print and cut, add some fake reg marks. That would one little line at the top left and one little line at the bottom right. They go on their own layer.

You will cut with only 2 layers showing....the reg marks AND the Cutting layer, you will hide the Clipboard Trace layer.

This will cut out the circle, first, then it will cut those little My reg marks. I always have them outside of what I really want to cut. What is hidden does not cut.
    @3Pals - when doing print and cut from MTC, I always create my own reg marks, but still add the one for the cutter otherwise, it won't work as accurately. I usually lock that layer so that I don't add things there by accident.