We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Scan and cut DX900

Hi hope you can help. Using the above to cut printed designs, however when using scan and cut it appears to be keeping what is within the design rather than just the outlines, can’t understand as it’s worked previously on the same images but not this time. Anyone out there who can help only had the machine a few weeks. Thank you

Best Answer

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,942
    Accepted Answer
    @Autumn2021 - thanks, I was figuring you would not be using Make The Cut! software. When you bring a jpg file into a cutting software then it needs to be scanned or traced, then you determine what lines get cut and what do not, so for example, just the outline or you want to piece all the bits individually. The Brother software is the only cutting software that I do not use and I do not have. You may want to source out a forum where they are experts in your cutter and software. HTH
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,942
    @Autumn2021 - welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum. Since you are new and I assume you googled and found us, what software are you using?
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • Autumn2021Autumn2021 Member Posts: 2
    Purchased USB using jpeg - print them off then put into Scan and Cut using the scan and cut icon. Does this help?