We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Recommendations on affordable printers to use for sticker making with my cricut explore air 2

livkmlivkm Member Posts: 2
Hey, I have recently bought a cricut explore air 2 and want to purchase a printer to make stickers. I am on a restricted budget so ideally it would be one that doesn’t cost a lot at the moment but I am finding all the information I can find online overwhelming and a lot of the time the printers that are recommended are either very expensive or difficult to get in the UK. So I was hoping to get some recommendations. Would really appreciate the help! :smile:

Best Answer

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,942
    Accepted Answer
    @livkm - welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum where we support the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutters.

So you want to sell the stickers? If that is the case, then I suggest you save until you can purchase something that will give you a quality product. Inexpensive printers may be fine for personal use and projects, but won't cut it with things that are being sold. Typically the low end printers have one cartridge for all the colours. This means that when you run out of magenta or yellow (the most used ink colours), you have to replace the whole cartridge even though you may have lots of ink left for the other colours. So independent cartridges make more sense. Or even a printer that uses refillable tanks like the newer lines of Epson printers, Remember you get what you pay for when it comes to printers. That said pretty much any brand is going to work, best results are always achieved with papers that are matched to your ink....eg Epson papers for Epson inks, Canon papers for Canon printers, etc. and using the correct profile for the product you are using. You may also have to learn how to calibrate your monitor to your print results in order to achieve good colour results with whatever you are printing on. Good luck!
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.

Answers