We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

When I cut out small pieces it keeps grabbing a corner and dragging it and ruining it what can I do

k8eladyk8elady Member Posts: 1

Answers

• SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,877
    What cutter? What model?  What software?
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,976
    @k8elady - welcome to the Make The Cut! software support forum where we support users of the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutters

You need to provide more information, what software, what cutter, what paper, what mat (is it a sticky mat or needs to be re-stickied), what speed, what pressure settings are being used.

That said, it sounds like the blade tip is way over exposed for the media you are cutting, and the speed (especially the UP speed, the speed that the blade holder travels when its being lifted, which is typically for 90% of all cutters not a control that the user gets to influence) is too high. Try slowing down the speed, and ensure that the blade tip is not exposed any further than the thickness of the media being cut.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,976
    @k8elady - you might also want to check that your mat is sticky enough, use a brayer to get the paper well adhered. To test for stickiness, lay your palm on the mat and lift your hand. If the mat stays stuck for a few seconds before falling, it should be just about right. If not, it may need more adhesive.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.