We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Clipping Masks for SVG File?

saguarothreadssaguarothreads Member Posts: 1
I'm trying to do a simple clip mask in Adobe Illustrator to export to and SVG for my cricut.  I have a leopard print vector file and am using a basic heart shape as a clip mask.  So it's a heart outline with the (vector) leopard print inside.  However when I open it in Design Space the clip mask is no longer there and when I looked through a Cricut help article it says clip masks aren't supported.  I don't want to flatten the image because then the leopard print won't be a vector, is there any way I can format this in Illustrator that will allow it to export and be used correctly?

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,308
    Welcome to the Make the Cut software support forum.  It is not a generic forum but specific to the MTC software.  For your best help you will need to find a forum that supports the Cricut brand.  Unfortunately Provocraft did away with their official forums years ago leaving users reliant on nonofficial sites like Facebook where you will find any number of groups setup by fellow users to help each other using that brand.  If you don't do Facebook then you will need to see if you can find another source, which will be limited unfortunately. Good luck.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,976
    @saguarothreads - the clip mask is not vector and therefore is not exported in an SVG. And yes flattening the image you would need to trace it to get the cutting path. Trace the leopard print and export that so you have the leopard spots as vector paths. Then export that.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,976

a vector version of a leopard pattern
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.