We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Making text around/half around a circle??

lynnscrapslynnscraps Member Posts: 720
Hello. it's been a while since I used this feature. Does it still work? I went to the Manual but had no luck with it. Please advise and thank you, I still love my MTC.

Best Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,976
    edited May 3 Accepted Answer
    @lynnscraps

- make sure you have the options checked properly when making the text

- then hold CTRL and click and drag the text onto the circle, I added a line for visual tool to line up to.

Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    Accepted Answer
    xxx
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • lynnscrapslynnscraps Member Posts: 720
    edited May 3 Accepted Answer
    Liz, I followed the instructions in the manual (or thought I did) page 96. Nothing happened. Thanks
    Accepted Answer
    @lynnscraps are you trying to wrap the text around the golf ball?

1. It's not a circle so things will go very wonky.
    2. Add a circle the same size as the golf ball.
    3. The Happy Birthday will wrap, the Connie will not. Connie was created with the option for Split by Glyphs not chosen
    4. Select the Happy Birthday text. Press the CTRL key and drag the text onto the circle you added, let go when then mouse icon changes to one with circle, square, rectangle on it. 
    5. Adjust as needed using the Wrap Object tools.
    6. Re-type Connie with Split by Glyphs chosen, and add it. If you want it inside, I'd make another small circle. 
    7. Once complete delete the circles added

HTH
  • lynnscrapslynnscraps Member Posts: 720
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you so much Liz for all your help!

Answers

@lynnscraps - so show your Virtual Mat. What part is not working? And nothing in MTC has changed to make it not work =). MTC hasn't changed in what 5, 6 years, I have lost track. 
    I found your golf ball image, it is not vector so vector text will not wrap to a raster image. Add the circle as instructed above, and you should be good to go!